|Published:||Sep 05, 2013 12:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2013 12:05 AM EDT|
CLEVELAND (AP) - Ohio's prison director has ordered a review of Ariel Castro's medical and mental health treatment and the circumstances surrounding his suicide behind bars.
Authorities say the 53-year-old Castro hanged himself with a bedsheet in his cell Tuesday night.
Castro was serving a life sentence for holding three women captive in his Cleveland home for a decade.
Prison chief Gary Mohr says the Ohio state police are also investigating.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine