|Published:||Aug 04, 2013 10:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2013 10:56 AM EDT|
WASHINGTON (AP) - Instead of "Hail to the Chief," President Barack Obama is most likely hearing strains of "Happy Birthday" this weekend.
Obama turns 52 on Sunday and is spending part of the day at the Camp David presidential retreat in Maryland.
The White House said little about how he's celebrating. He played golf Saturday with friends from his days in Hawaii and Chicago. Some were expected to join him at Camp David.
Obama is scheduled to return to the White House on Sunday afternoon. His week ahead includes travel to the West Coast to discuss plans to help homeowners, appear on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno and visit with troops at Camp Pendleton.
He also has a White House meeting Thursday with the prime minister of Greece.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right