|Published:||Jul 30, 2013 4:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2013 4:14 PM EDT|
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Police say an SUV rear-ended a parked car and sent the vehicle crashing through a Kansas City day care center, injuring three children and the driver of the SUV. The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The crash occurred Tuesday at the Christian Academy Child Care east of downtown. A Range Rover hit the back of a parked Cadillac and sent it through the front of the building. About 40 children were inside the center at the time.
Kansas City police Capt. Tye Grant said two children were trapped under the Cadillac. Overall, three children were taken to the hospital, but Grant said their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening. The driver of the SUV also was injured.
Police now say no one was inside the Cadillac.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 2, kills self
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- Catholic school fires gay teacher, drawing protest
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kan. airport
- Budget Deal Heads to Senate
- Thousands queue to see Mandela's body on last day
- House GOP conservatives help propel budget bill
- Judges to hear arguments in Blagojevich appeal