|Published:||Jul 23, 2013 11:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 23, 2013 11:58 PM EDT|
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - The maker of salsas sold at Dollar Tree and Deals, Dollar Express and Dollar Bills stores nationwide is recalling the product after large glass pieces were found in some jars.
Olam Tomato Processors Inc. announced the recall Tuesday of its Mild Chunky Salsa with best-by dates of June 2015 and October 2015, and Medium Chunky Salsa with a best by date of July 2015.
Company spokeswoman Roxana Janka says the glass pieces got into the salsa during the beginning of the manufacturing process, when some of the glass jars were damaged. The pieces were not detected by X-rays at the plant because the machines were not calibrated to detect large glass pieces.
The Fresno, Calif.-based company says there have been no reports of injury.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Senators: Put cameras on train tracks, engineers
- Senate Dems push Obama nominees, GOP bides time
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment