|Published:||Jul 03, 2013 11:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2013 11:55 PM EDT|
YARNELL, Ariz. (AP) - Crews have made significant progress in controlling a fire that killed 19 firefighters over the weekend.
Authorities said the fire near Yarnell is now 45 percent contained, up from 8 percent earlier in the day and zero a day ago.
Firefighters had cooperative weather that allowed them to achieve a breakthrough on the same day that they came off the line to salute a procession of vehicles that had been left by 19 Hotshot crew members killed in the line of duty.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal