|Published:||Jul 03, 2013 11:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2013 11:55 PM EDT|
YARNELL, Ariz. (AP) - Crews have made significant progress in controlling a fire that killed 19 firefighters over the weekend.
Authorities said the fire near Yarnell is now 45 percent contained, up from 8 percent earlier in the day and zero a day ago.
Firefighters had cooperative weather that allowed them to achieve a breakthrough on the same day that they came off the line to salute a procession of vehicles that had been left by 19 Hotshot crew members killed in the line of duty.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Dems push parade of Obama nominees through Senate
- NTSB to review Asiana crash at hearing Wednesday
- AP-GfK poll: Low approval of Congress, Obama
- Parents of Ga. teen found dead in mat want inquiry
- Sebelius asks for investigation of flawed website
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year