|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 5:18 PM EDT|
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - San Antonio police have arrested a gunman in a shooting at Fort Sam Houston.
A San Antonio police officer says police arrested a gunman Monday afternoon and turned him over the military authorities. The officer was speaking anonymously because the person was not authorized to speak to the media.
Kathy Salazar, a staff member in the base public affairs office, said the Fort Sam Houston was on lock down. She could not immediately offer additional details.
A San Antonio television station showed one person taken away in an ambulance, but it was not immediately clear who was injured or how.
The base includes the U.S. Army's top hospital and the headquarters for its North America Command.
Associated Press writer Will Weissert contributed to this report from Austin, Texas.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stowaway from Jamaica found on ship in Tampa
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- GM names Mary Barra CEO, 1st woman to head car co.
- DiGiorno, supplier drop dairy farm over abuse
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,153
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden boosts mental health
- Kerry, Congress spar over Iran nuclear deal