|Published:||May 28, 2013 10:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2013 10:46 PM EDT|
KINGSTON, N.H. (AP) - A memorial service is planned in New Hampshire for the woman whose son shot her dead at their Connecticut home in December and then drove to an elementary school and killed 20 children and six educators.
Kingston Police Chief Donald Briggs says a service for Nancy Lanza will be held on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the First Congregational Church in Kingston. He said only friends and family are invited.
A private funeral was held for Lanza on Dec. 20 in Kingston, where she once lived.
Lanza's 20-year-old son, Adam Lanza, killed her at their home in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14 and then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed the children and school employees before committing suicide.
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- Catholic school fires gay teacher, drawing protest
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kan. airport
- Budget Deal Heads to Senate
- Thousands queue to see Mandela's body on last day
- House GOP conservatives help propel budget bill
- Judges to hear arguments in Blagojevich appeal