|Published:||May 23, 2013 8:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 23, 2013 8:26 AM EDT|
LONDON (AP) - A British government official says both suspects in the brutal killing of a solider were part of previous security services investigations for possible terror links.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the investigation, said he could not provide other details because the suspects may face trial.
Investigations by Britain's domestic security service, MI5, can include undercover surveillance, phone tapping and communications intercepts.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/23/2013 8:09:17 AM (GMT -4:00)
- Arizona commission OKs fine in firefighter deaths
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- The world\'s best unknown hike
- Yakushima, Japan\'s eco-paradise
- Biden expresses China concerns
- Mexico reports theft of truck with radioactive material
- Google Street View maps Mount Fuji
- Biden tells Chinese president of \'deep concerns\' over air zone