|Published:||May 13, 2013 6:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2013 6:27 PM EDT|
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Popular psychologist, columnist, and television and film personality Joyce Brothers has died. She was 85.
Longtime publicist Sanford Brokaw says Brothers died Monday in New York City.
She was a pioneer of the television advice show.
Her celebrity took off after she entered a television quiz show called "The $64,000 Question." She became the only woman to ever win the show's top prize.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- Catholic school fires gay teacher, drawing protest
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kan. airport
- Budget Deal Heads to Senate
- Thousands queue to see Mandela's body on last day
- House GOP conservatives help propel budget bill
- Judges to hear arguments in Blagojevich appeal