|Published:||May 10, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
CLEVELAND (AP) - The FBI says it did not recover human remains in its search of a Cleveland house where a man is accused of holding three women captive for a decade.
FBI spokeswoman Vicki Anderson says investigators have for now concluded their search at the house where the women were found earlier this week.
Anderson said Friday that agents took more than 200 items from the house, though she wouldn't discuss what was found.
Prosecutors said Thursday they may seek the death penalty against suspect Ariel Castro. Police say he impregnated one of his captives at least five times and made her miscarry by starving her and beating her.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says tests have confirmed that Castro is the father of a 6-year-old girl rescued from the house. One of the captive women is the girl's mother.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine