|Published:||May 10, 2013 6:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 6:17 PM EDT|
EDGERTON, MO. (AP) - Two of three inmates who walked away from a northeast Kansas prison are in custody in northwest Missouri.
The Platte County (Mo.) Sheriff's Office says the men emerged from a rural home late Friday afternoon after hours of negotiations.
Capt. Erik Holland says 31-year-old Allen M. Hurst and 49-year-old Scott A. Gilbert walked out from under a back deck and surrendered without incident.
The pair had holed up in the house Friday morning, sometime after escaping Lansing Correctional Facility in Kansas early Friday.
The whereabouts of the third escaped inmate, 57-year-old Randy A. Ridens Sr., remain unknown.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal