|Published:||Apr 09, 2013 4:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2013 4:46 PM EDT|
YONKERS, N.Y. (AP) - A 5-week-old kitten named Precious has survived being tossed out a suburban New York third-floor window during a domestic argument.
Westchester County SPCA enforcement director Ernest Lungaro says the 1-pound female kitten suffered a mouth injury but no broken bones. He says the kitten apparently landed on all fours.
He says the kitten was thrown from the window in a Yonkers apartment building on Sunday and hit the sidewalk. At the time, the kitten's owner was having a dispute with her ex-boyfriend.
Lungaro says the man fled and a warrant has been issued for him, alleging assault and animal abuse.
Lungaro said Tuesday he has seen many instances of animal cruelty during domestic violence.
The fuzzy, white kitten with brown and black markings is now back with her owner.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs
- Lawyer: NY Engineer had 'daze' before train crash
- Obama opens health plan sales campaign
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- Newtown to release 911 calls from school shooting
- Ex-EMS from devastated Texas town faces sentencing
- US court: Negligence not cause of 3rd WTC collapse
- LA airport shooting suspect to appear in court