|Published:||Apr 05, 2013 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 05, 2013 11:35 AM EDT|
WADSWORTH, Ill. (AP) - Authorities say one person has died and more than three dozen people are injured, including elementary school children, in a school bus rollover in northern Illinois.
Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran Jr. says everyone aboard the bus survived Friday's crash in Wadsworth, 45 miles north of Chicago.
The coroner's office says a male died at the scene but has not provided other details.
Authorities have not elaborated on the extent of the injuries, but officials at two hospitals say they've received patients in good to serious condition.
Television footage from the scene shows the bus on its side, with two mangled cars nearby. Debris was scattered in an adjacent farm field.
The accident happened around 8 a.m. about a mile from Newport Elementary School, which has about 400 students.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Senators: Put cameras on train tracks, engineers
- Senate Dems push Obama nominees, GOP bides time
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000