|Published:||Mar 27, 2013 11:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 28, 2013 1:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- In just a week, FGCU has become a hot topic online.
According to Google, searches for "Florida Gulf Coast University" is up 1,100 percent. "FGCU" is up 1,300 percent. Searches for "Dunk City" are up more than 1,000 percent.
On Twitter, people have hash-tagged "Dunk City" 42,000 times. They've tweeted "FGCU" 375,000 times and hash-tagged "FGCU" 170,000 times.
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Parents of Ga. teen found dead in mat want inquiry
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site