|Published:||Mar 05, 2013 11:09 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 05, 2013 11:09 AM EST|
NORWALK, Conn. (AP) - Police say a disgruntled home health aide fired by a Connecticut family got even by leaving feces in their elderly relative's oven and refrigerator.
Forty-year-old Fiona Clarke of Fairfield is facing criminal mischief and breach of peace charges. Police say she denies leaving feces at the Norwalk woman's home.
Authorities say Clarke took care of the woman but was laid off by the family last month after declining to work extra hours.
Police say one of the woman's relatives turned on the stove Feb. 7 and noticed a foul smell, then opened the stove and found feces wrapped in a paper towel. Feces also was found in the refrigerator.
Clarke was arrested last week and posted $5,000 bail. She's due in Norwalk Superior Court on Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Parking deck collapses at Md. mall; 1 killed
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Boston suspect under scrutiny in unsolved killings