|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 11:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2013 12:03 AM EST|
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) - Court documents show fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner gathered information on a women's basketball coach and her fiance before he apparently killed them earlier this month.
The Orange County Register reported Thursday that Irvine police believe Dorner researched 28-year-old Monica Quan and her boyfriend 27-year-old Keith Lawrence. The records also say Dorner may have had documents containing information about Quan and her family.
Police tied Dorner to the slayings after reading a manifesto he wrote in which he sought revenge against those he believed ended his law enforcement career. Quan's father represented Dorner during a disciplinary hearing.
Dorner's charred body was found inside a burned-out cabin earlier this week after a shootout with authorities. Officials say his dental records were used to make the confirmation.
He is also suspected of killing two law enforcement officers.
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director