|Published:||Feb 14, 2013 11:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2013 12:03 AM EST|
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) - Court documents show fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner gathered information on a women's basketball coach and her fiance before he apparently killed them earlier this month.
The Orange County Register reported Thursday that Irvine police believe Dorner researched 28-year-old Monica Quan and her boyfriend 27-year-old Keith Lawrence. The records also say Dorner may have had documents containing information about Quan and her family.
Police tied Dorner to the slayings after reading a manifesto he wrote in which he sought revenge against those he believed ended his law enforcement career. Quan's father represented Dorner during a disciplinary hearing.
Dorner's charred body was found inside a burned-out cabin earlier this week after a shootout with authorities. Officials say his dental records were used to make the confirmation.
He is also suspected of killing two law enforcement officers.
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal