|Published:||Feb 13, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
DALLAS (AP) - A $10,000 reward is being offered for the capture of a fugitive Florida inmate convicted of violent sexual assaults but who stabbed one of two police escorts and escaped near Dallas.
Authorities say Alberto Morales was being taken from Florida to Nevada when he stabbed an officer in the neck and three times in the back outside a suburban Dallas department store Monday night. Grapevine police say Miami-Dade Police Detective Jaime Pardinas is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
On Tuesday, the Texas Department of Public Safety offered a $10,000 cash reward for information leading to the capture of the 42-year-old fugitive. A DPS statement said Morales should be considered extremely dangerous and that tips leading to his capture will be rewarded anonymously.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- UK arrests 2 men over incident with Pakistan plane
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Jury foreman says Arias testimony didn't help her
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Summer travel forecast: Better, but no blowout
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- Brewers team up on beer to help military families