|Published:||Feb 07, 2013 6:58 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2013 6:58 AM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Obama's nominee to lead the CIA appears before the Senate Intelligence Committee today.
John Brennan's confirmation hearing is to start just hours after lawmakers are expected to receive a classified report on the rationale for drone strikes targeting Americans working with al-Qaida overseas.
Brennan helped manage the drone program.
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine