|Published:||Feb 03, 2013 10:14 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 03, 2013 10:14 AM EST|
GLEN ROSE, Texas (AP) - Texas authorities say a man has been charged with murder in the deaths of former Navy SEAL and author Chris Kyle and another man at a Texas gun range.
Sgt. Lonny Haschel with Texas Department of Public Safety said in a news release Sunday that 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster was arraigned Saturday on two counts of capital murder.
Haschel said Erath County deputies responded to a shooting at the Rough Creek Lodge at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday and found the bodies of 38-year-old Chris Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield.
Police said they believe Routh shot the two men at about 3:30 p.m. and fled. Routh was found at about 8 p.m. Saturday at his residence in Lancaster, police said.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Boston suspect under scrutiny in unsolved killings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set