|Published:||Feb 02, 2013 8:01 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 02, 2013 8:19 AM EST|
Punxsutawney, Pa. -- In the sub-zero wind chill, the prognosticator of prognosticators, Punxsutawney Phil, did NOT see his shadow. This means an early spring is on the horizon.
Today was just the 17th time Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow. He's been "forecasting" since 1886. By the way Phil receives a drink of a magical punch every summer during the Annual Groundhog Picnic, which gives him seven more years of life.
- More snow forecast for DC area and Appalachians
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- Texas woman to admit to sending ricin to Obama
- NTSB hearing on SF airliner crash postponed
- Obama in South Africa for Mandela memorial service
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Democrats using new power to tilt appeals court
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden to boost mental health