|Published:||Feb 01, 2013 5:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2013 5:15 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - John Kerry has been sworn in as America's secretary of state, replacing Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The former Massachusetts senator and 2004 presidential candidate was sworn in Friday by Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan. He is the 68th secretary of state.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Kerry back to Mideast to push peace talks