|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 5:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 10:10 AM EST|
VIENNA (AP) - Diplomats say Iran plans to vastly increase the speed of its uranium enrichment program, which can make both reactor fuel and the core of nuclear warheads.
The diplomats say Iran has told the International Atomic Energy Agency that it wants to install thousands of high-technology machines at its main enriching site in central Iran.
Iran denies any interest in nuclear weapons. It says it's enriching only to power reactors and for scientific and medical purposes.
- Crews pull children from the rubble after Okla. tornado
- Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
- Large funnel cloud touches down near Oklahoma City
- NWS: Okla. tornado had winds up to 200 mph
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- CBS pulls comedy season-ender because of tornado
- Josh Powell had affair before wife vanished
- More Obama aides knew of IRS audit; Obama not told
- Thousands march in NY to protest gay man's killing