|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 2:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 2:19 PM EST|
BEIRUT (AP) - Syrian state TV has confirmed that Israeli warplanes bombed a military research center northwest of the capital, Damascus.
U.S. and regional security officials reported the strike Wednesday but did not say where it took place.
State TV says the strike targeted a military research center in the area of Jermana.
It says the strike caused material damage and the center was used to advance Syrian military capabilities.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Senators: Put cameras on train tracks, engineers
- Senate Dems push Obama nominees, GOP bides time
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms