|Published:||Jan 16, 2013 2:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2013 6:50 PM EST|
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Congressman Trey Radel made the following comments Wednesday, in response to the President's gun control proposals:
"Before Congress has even had a chance to discuss and debate the laws of the land and be the voice for the American people, the President has once again demonstrated his disregard for the Constitution by bypassing lawmakers. In true bipartisan form, I ask: Democrats, what would you do if a Republican President began overstepping his or her powers and trampling on your rights? Executive orders must stop and the debate needs to begin. No one man or woman, Republican or Democrat, should dictate the laws of the land. Let's allow Congress to do what the American people elected us to do - Govern as a body, with checks and balances, representing all Americans."
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Kerry back to Mideast to push peace talks