|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 4:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 4:39 PM EST|
SEATTLE (AP) - The Seattle Fire Department says a man who was hit by a bus downtown got up and walked a block to a Starbucks, even though he was bleeding from the head.
Department spokesman Kyle Moore says the well-dressed 32-year-old man apparently suffered a concussion in the Tuesday morning and wasn't making a lot of sense when firefighters arrived.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries.
A police drug recognition officer determined the bus driver showed signs of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, so he was arrested. The driver gave a blood sample and was released, pending test results.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors
- Budget office view boosts Senate immigration bill
- Company recalls 23,000 lbs of ground beef
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexico's southeastern coast
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Tropical depression heads toward Mexican coast
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Bipartisan proposal on student loans circulating
- Protesters out again in Brazilian cities
- Syria troops fight rebels near major Shiite shrine