|Published:||Dec 16, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 16, 2012 1:00 PM EST|
NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) - Worshippers have hurriedly left a church in Newtown, Conn., saying there was a bomb threat.
Police in SWAT gear arrived at the St. Rose of Lima Church not far from the elementary school where 20 kids and six adults were killed Friday.
There was no official report from police about the threat or evacuation.
It's not clear if there actually was a threat or if, like many tragedies, whether it was a hoax or the result of a community on edge.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
- Tropical depression heads toward southern Mexico
- Taco Bell to test 'Power Protein' menu
- Demonstrators flood Brazilian streets in protest
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- New video, $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute