|Published:||Dec 08, 2012 3:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 08, 2012 3:30 PM EST|
IRVING, Texas (AP) - Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent is facing an intoxication manslaughter charge after a one-vehicle accident that killed linebacker Jerry Brown, a member of the team's practice squad.
Irving police spokesman John Argumaniz said the accident happened about 2:20 a.m. Saturday in the Dallas suburb. Argumaniz says Brent was speeding when the vehicle hit a curb and flipped at least once.
Argumaniz says Brown was found unresponsive at the scene and pronounced dead at a hospital.
The police spokesman says officers conducted a field sobriety test on Brent and arrested him. The charge was upgraded after Brown was pronounced dead.
The Cowboys didn't immediately respond to an email request for comment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Judge: Arizona sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Washington officials look for temporary replacement bridge
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Thousands walk, run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay