|Published:||Nov 14, 2012 5:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2012 5:28 PM EST|
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man has been charged with raping an 18-year-old mentally disabled woman in the back of a Los Angeles County transit bus last week.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Kerry Trotter was charged Wednesday with one count each of forcible rape and rape of an incompetent person, and two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object. If convicted, Trotter faces more than 20 years in prison.
Authorities say Trotter and the woman boarded the bus at the same stop last Wednesday and he allegedly raped her in the back of the bus. Trotter was arrested thanks to an anonymous tip by someone who saw an image from a surveillance camera.
Prosecutors are asking that bail be set at $285,000. It's not immediately known if Trotter has retained an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
- Taco Bell to test 'Power Protein' menu
- New video, $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- House passes far-reaching anti-abortion bill
- NYC to offer free phone-charging stations in parks
- CBO: Senate Immigration bill would help economy