|Published:||Nov 14, 2012 5:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2012 5:28 PM EST|
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A man has been charged with raping an 18-year-old mentally disabled woman in the back of a Los Angeles County transit bus last week.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Kerry Trotter was charged Wednesday with one count each of forcible rape and rape of an incompetent person, and two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object. If convicted, Trotter faces more than 20 years in prison.
Authorities say Trotter and the woman boarded the bus at the same stop last Wednesday and he allegedly raped her in the back of the bus. Trotter was arrested thanks to an anonymous tip by someone who saw an image from a surveillance camera.
Prosecutors are asking that bail be set at $285,000. It's not immediately known if Trotter has retained an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- DOT may block cell phone use