|Published:||Nov 09, 2012 12:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2012 1:45 PM EST|
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say an arrest has been made in the rape of mentally disabled woman aboard a city bus.
Sgt. Dan Scott says the suspect boarded the bus with the woman in Culver City, followed her to the back of the bus and forced himself on her late Wednesday afternoon.
A lone witness tried to alert the bus driver that the rape was happening, but it continued for about 10 minutes until the suspect stopped and exited the bus.
Scott says the 18-year-old woman has the mental capacity of a 10-year-old. He says that after the attack, she reported it to the driver.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch