|Published:||Nov 05, 2012 9:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2012 11:38 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police are investigating a death investigation near the Mobile gas station at the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Park 82 Drive. Upon arrival police located the man who was pronounced dead at the scene by Emergency Medical Services.
Investigators are working to determine how the man died, but our partners at the News Press say the case is being considered a deadly shooting. A witness, who didn't want to be identified, tells WINK News that he pulled into the gas station, heard a "pop" sound and then saw three men standing around a car.
Police are currently working to figure out the circumstances surrounding the man’s death as well as his identity. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case