|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 11:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2012 11:17 AM EDT|
GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) - Prosecutors say a Colorado teenager has confessed in the abduction and killing of a 10-year-old girl and in a separate attack on a runner.
Authorities also said Thursday they have "overwhelming" DNA evidence against 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg.
Sigg lived about a mile from Jessica Ridgeway, who disappeared Oct. 5.
Sigg made his first court appearance Thursday, keeping his head bowed for much of the time, talking with his attorney but otherwise saying little.
He made eye contact at one point with relatives of Ridgeway, who were in the courtroom wearing purple ribbons in the girl's memory.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
- Tropical depression heads toward southern Mexico
- Afghan president's forces taking security lead
- Demonstrators flood Brazilian streets in protest
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- Taco Bell to test 'Power Protein' menu