|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 1:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2012 1:27 PM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - American Airlines says a Boston-to-Miami flight had to make an emergency landing at New York's JFK airport over the weekend due to a row of seats that became loose.
Flight 685 landed safety at Kennedy Airport on Saturday.
The Fort Worth, Texas-based airline says in a statement that three passengers in the affected row were moved to other seats.
Passengers aboard the flight were placed on another aircraft for the trip to Miami.
The airline says it's conducting an internal investigation to determine why the row of seats became loose.
It says the FAA was notified of the problem and the airline's internal review.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- Washington officials look for temporary replacement bridge