WASHINGTON (AP) - A super political action committee supporting President Obama is running the first television advertisement using Republican Mitt Romney's words from a closed-door fundraiser.
The ad from Priorities USA Action shows clips of Romney telling wealthy donors that 47 percent of Americans "believe that they are victims." Romney goes on to say he'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility.
The ad closes with a narrator saying Romney will never convince middle-class voters he's on their side.
The liberal magazine Mother Jones published the Romney video clips Monday.
The ad is part of a $30 million project by Priorities that focuses on how it believes Romney's proposals would hurt the middle class. The ad will run in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Split-second choice ended with NY student dead
- Fla. woman charged with Haitian visa fraud
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- S. Korea: N. Korea fires 5th projectile into waters
- Senate committee moves toward vote on immigration
- Arias lawyers again ask to withdraw; judge says no
- Official: 2nd person killed by Oklahoma tornado
- More tornadoes touch down in the Midwest