|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 6:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2012 6:24 AM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - Only relatives will read victims' names at today's 9/11 ceremony in New York, and government figures won't be speaking today.
When president of the National Sept. 11 Memorial Joe Daniels announced the decision in July, he said it was "honoring the victims and their families in a way free of politics."
But President Barack Obama will be attending a ceremony today at the Pentagon and Vice President Joe Biden is expected to speak at the Flight 93 National Memorial near Shanksville, Pa.
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Suspects in Soldier Killing Par of Prior Investigation
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate