|Published:||Jun 12, 2012 3:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2012 3:23 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A homeless man who had his face mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack is still recovering at a Miami hospital.
Ronald Poppo's doctors are scheduled to give an update on his condition Tuesday afternoon.
Poppo has been hospitalized at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center since he was attacked May 26 alongside a busy highway. It's not clear what led Rudy Eugene to attack Poppo.
Emergency callers reported seeing a naked Eugene swinging from a light pole minutes before the attack. Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him before appearing to lie on top of him.
A police officer shot and killed Eugene. Autopsy results are still pending.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Parking deck collapses at Md. mall; 1 killed
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Boston suspect under scrutiny in unsolved killings