|Published:||Jun 12, 2012 3:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2012 3:23 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A homeless man who had his face mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack is still recovering at a Miami hospital.
Ronald Poppo's doctors are scheduled to give an update on his condition Tuesday afternoon.
Poppo has been hospitalized at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center since he was attacked May 26 alongside a busy highway. It's not clear what led Rudy Eugene to attack Poppo.
Emergency callers reported seeing a naked Eugene swinging from a light pole minutes before the attack. Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him before appearing to lie on top of him.
A police officer shot and killed Eugene. Autopsy results are still pending.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Dial-a-Carol a holiday tradition at U of Illinois
- Gunman shoots 4, kills himself at Reno hospital
- Senator offers to go to Iran for CIA contractor
- Financial firm announces $135M Sept. 11 settlement
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot