|Published:||Nov 08, 2011 5:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2011 5:52 PM EST|
STATE COLLEGE (AP) - Penn State administrators have canceled Joe Paterno's weekly news conference in which he was expected to field questions about a sex abuse scandal involving a former assistant coach.
Paterno's son Scott tells The Associated Press on Tuesday that the decision was made by President Graham Spanier's office.
Scott Paterno says his father was disappointed and was prepared to take questions about the scandal as well as the upcoming game against Nebraska.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NY college students charged after dog's beer photo
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Muslim group: 3 Russians unlawfully kept out of US
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18
- Steady health care sign-ups may miss goal