Published: Oct 11, 2011 4:05 PM EDT

LIVINGSTON, Mont. (AP) - Authorities say a bow hunter suffered serious injuries from an electric shock when he poked a dead bear lying on live wires.
    
The Park County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Monday that Edward Garcia came across the bear carcass Sunday in the Beattie Gulch area north of Gardiner.
    
Garcia was shocked when he poked the carcass with a knife, suffering injuries to his torso, head and hands.
    
The sheriff's office says Garcia walked two miles to find help. He was flown to a burn center in Salt Lake City.
    
Garcia's condition was not immediately clear on Monday. Sheriff's Office Lt. Tom Totland tells the Livingston Enterprise that he does not know where Garcia is from.
    
The sheriff's office says NorthWestern Energy has turned off power to the line.

(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)