|Published:||Jul 28, 2011 8:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 28, 2011 7:41 PM EDT|
KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - An alert issued by the Army says an AWOL Muslim soldier who had weapons stashed in a motel room near Fort Hood has admitted planning an attack on the Texas post.
The email alert sent to all Army units Thursday and obtained by The Associated Press says the man arrested by Killeen police a day earlier had a large quantity of ammunition, weapons and a bomb inside a backpack.
It says he admitted under questioning to planning an attack on Fort Hood.
The FBI plans to charge Pfc. Naser Abdo (AB'-doh) with possessing bomb-making materials after gunpowder and other items were found in his nearby Killeen motel room.
Fort Hood is the same post where 13 died in 2009 in the worst mass shooting ever on a U.S. military installation.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Parents of Ga. teen found dead in mat want inquiry
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Fake service dogs hurt those who actually need them
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported