|Published:||Jul 19, 2011 6:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2011 5:10 PM EDT|
DETROIT (AP) - Chrysler Group LLC has suspended nine workers for allegedly drinking and smoking marijuana before their shifts at a Michigan plant.
Detroit television station WJBK-TV aired a story about the workers at the Trenton Engine Plant last week. Chrysler says it identified the workers using the station's video. All nine have been suspended without pay while the company investigates.
This is the second time in a year that the station has reported on Chrysler workers drinking and smoking before a shift.
Last fall, the company fired two workers and gave two others unpaid, one-month layoffs after the station took video of them drinking beer before the start of their shift at a Detroit assembly plant.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Kerry back to Mideast to push peace talks