|Published:||Jul 14, 2011 8:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 14, 2011 7:59 PM EDT|
SEATTLE (AP) - Seattle firefighters have rescued a window washer who slipped out of his seat and dangled about 65 feet off the ground outside a building at the Seattle Center civic complex.
KIRO-TV helicopter video showed a fire truck ladder reaching the man shortly after noon Thursday and a firefighter helping him climb down.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says the man was hanging from a safety rope about 65 feet off the ground at the concert venue McCaw Hall.
Firefighters first went to the roof, about 15 feet above the man, then lowered a harness to secure him until the ladder truck arrived.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site