|Published:||Jul 11, 2011 6:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2011 5:57 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A neighbor called authorities after spotting an 18-month-old boy picking up beer cans and drinking out of them outside his Orlando home.
Orange County Sheriff's deputies arrested the child's father Saturday night and an emergency hearing is scheduled for Monday morning at the Juvenile Justice Center in Orlando to determine who will take custody of the child
Officials say the father was "passed out" inside his mobile home when deputies arrived after the neighbor called 911. The child was alone outside, drinking beer.
Garcia was arrested on child neglect charges and made his first appearance in court Sunday morning. Department of Children and Families investigators described the home as "deplorable."
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State-by-state look at wintry blast hitting US
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation
- WINK will air 'Nelson Mandela: Father of a Nation'
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects
- Mandela to be buried Dec. 15
- Ice storm snarling deliveries nationwide