|Published:||Jul 01, 2011 9:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 01, 2011 8:18 PM EDT|
LONDON (AP) - A fire at London's Park Lane Hilton hotel forced the evacuation of about 1,500 people. No injuries were reported.
Around 20 firefighters were sent to the hotel Friday after the fire department received reports of smoke in a second-floor kitchen vent and in the basement.
Park Lane has some of the British capital's ritziest hotels, and is across the street from Hyde Park.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More snow forecast for DC area and Appalachians
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- Texas woman to admit to sending ricin to Obama
- NTSB hearing on SF airliner crash postponed
- Obama in South Africa for Mandela memorial service
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Democrats using new power to tilt appeals court
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden to boost mental health