Published: Jun 29, 2011 7:07 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 29, 2011 6:08 PM EDT

BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) - Two 19-year-olds were seriously burned by hot cooking grease in Bremerton.

The man and woman were airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle Tuesday night with second- and third-degree burns.

KOMO reports the grease caught fire in their kitchen. He was trying to carrying the flaming pot outside when he stumbled going through the front door. He suffered burns to his face, chest and legs. She suffered burns to her legs and feet.

Firefighters responding to a 911 call found them outside and extinguished the fire on their porch.

(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)