|Published:||May 31, 2011 6:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2011 6:54 PM EDT|
BOSTON (AP) - A New York man has been arrested at Boston's Logan International Airport after allegedly slapping a male flight attendant on a JetBlue flight from Florida.
Massachusetts State Police say 48-year-old Bryan Garnett, of Utica, N.Y., was taken into custody Tuesday when the flight from West Palm Beach landed about 10:30 a.m.
Garnett is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in East Boston District Court on charges of interfering with a flight crew and assault and battery.
The Boston Globe reports that one of its reporters was on the plane. The reporter says a flight attendant asked Garnett to put his bag beneath the seat before the plane took off, but there was no obvious commotion during the flight.
A message was left Tuesday at a telephone listing for Garnett.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- 2,700 rounds of ammo found at Conn. man's home
- House approves TSA Loose Change Act, heading to Senate
- Mexico: Stolen box with radioactive material found
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Arizona commission OKs fine in firefighter deaths
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily