|Published:||May 09, 2011 5:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2011 2:40 PM EDT|
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Police in South Carolina say a 17-year-old shot his mother to death on Mother's Day.
A judge on Monday denied bond for Joshua David McEachern, who has been charged with murder. It is not clear if he has an attorney.
Authorities say the teen shot his 59-year-old mother and 21-year-old brother Sunday night at the family's Greenville home. Police say he then called 911 to report the shooting.
His brother is in critical condition.
McEachern's grandmother, Fran McEachern, tells The Associated Press Monday she last saw her grandson just over a year ago and the teen has mental issues. She says he was a sweet boy but never seemed normal.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Senate Dems push Obama nominees, GOP bides time
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents
- Senators: Put cameras on train tracks, engineers
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment