|Published:||Feb 16, 2011 7:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 16, 2011 4:49 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - The following recalls have been announced:
-About 500,000 bassinets made by Burlington Basket Co. recalled over concerns that they could collapse if not assembled properly. All bassinets were made by the Iowa-based company before June of last year. The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the bassinets can collapse if the support rails that hold the basket are not fully locked into place. CPSC and the company have received 10 reports of incidents in which the bassinets collapsed when the folding legs were not locked properly. Two infants received minor injuries. Consumers can contact the company at 800-553-2300 for repair kits and more information.
-About 92,000 TrueLiving Heater Fans and Portable Quartz Radiant Heaters from Florida-based Atico International USA. Atico has received nearly three dozen reports of the heaters or heater fans overheating, reports that included a minor injury and some damage. The heaters were sold at Dollar General Stores from September 2010 to December 2010. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled heaters and return them to any Dollar General Store for a full refund. They can also contact 866-448-7856 for more information.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Parents of Ga. teen found dead in mat want inquiry
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site