|Published:||Feb 14, 2011 5:34 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2011 2:34 PM EST|
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - An attorney for a former John Edwards aide says the two-time presidential candidate from North Carolina has given sworn statements in a lawsuit over a purported sex tape.
Robert Elliot says Edwards was deposed last week as part of a dispute between former Edwards aide Andrew Young and Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter. Elliot would not discuss the content of the testimony. A judge said last year he didn't want the details discussed publicly and warned both sides there could be repercussions if the material is talked about outside of the case.
Hunter has sued Young to reclaim materials, including a video that Young has said depicts a sexual encounter involving Edwards and a woman he assumes to be Hunter. Young contends the tape was found amid trash that Hunter left behind in a home he was renting.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Obama opens health plan sales campaign
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Lawyer: NY Engineer had 'daze' before train crash
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs
- Mandela putting up 'courageous fight'
- Newtown to release 911 calls from school shooting
- Ex-EMS from devastated Texas town faces sentencing
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- LA airport shooting suspect to appear in court