|Published:||Feb 08, 2011 8:26 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 08, 2011 5:27 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - International tax evaders who come clean will be able to avoid jail and pay reduced fines under a new voluntary disclosure program just announced by the IRS.
Tax cheats will get until Aug. 31 to settle with the IRS or face an ongoing crackdown against Americans who hide assets overseas.
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Parents of Ga. teen found dead in mat want inquiry
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site