|Published:||Dec 30, 2010 11:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 30, 2010 8:29 PM EST|
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Police in Jamaica say a woman killed a newborn baby girl by throwing her out a second-story window at the island's largest maternity hospital.
Constable Yanique Matthews says the infant was found dead Thursday morning outside Victoria Jubilee Hospital in the capital of Kingston.
The woman is still at large. Matthews said that police have not identified her and do not know if she is the baby's mother.
Hospital officials declined to comment.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case