|Published:||Nov 30, 2010 8:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2010 5:37 PM EST|
HAMTRAMCK, Mich. (AP) - General Motors plans to hire 1,000 additional engineers in the Detroit area to work on battery technology.
The automaker said most of the jobs will be at a technical center in Warren, Mich., north of Detroit.
They'll work on batteries for hybrid, electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
of the future.
- Arizona commission OKs fine in firefighter deaths
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Yakushima, Japan\'s eco-paradise
- Biden expresses China concerns
- The world\'s best unknown hike
- Google Street View maps Mount Fuji
- Mexico reports theft of truck with radioactive material
- Biden tells Chinese president of \'deep concerns\' over air zone